Beginner Game Tips
Some people have played sims so long, we know more about it than our real life. We know how to be successful and it is pretty quiet obvious.
Playing sims is a user-friendly sandbox game with few limitations, however for some it could be a new experience.
Don worry, I know you will get the hang of it.
I have included some beginner game-play tips that I have learned throughout my years. (at my sims expense. R.I.P Laura Hock)
Tips and Hints
Turning on "Full Anatomy" in the Gameplay options tab in the setting menu) your sim will rely on you completely.
You are their brain now, they will do nothing without you directing them. not even common sense things.
This leads me to my first tip.
- Do not tell your sim to go swimming (in full anatomy mode) when their "Sleep" bar is close to low.They will not get out of the pool to "pass out from exhaustion"They will do it in the Pool/Ocean (if you having the Island Living Expansion Pack) and if you pass out in a pool, well you know what happens.
- The first expensive thing you should buy is a bed. Not fun, waiting for sims to get the rest they need. A cheap bed makes this longer .
- Watch your sim closely when they cook their first meals. In the beginning, they are only qualified to make garden salads. I remember in culinary arts class. I tried to fry chicken on high. My teacher thought I was a moron haha you live and learn.
- Sims with husbands/wives resist romantic interactions more often. Ask them if they are single. The response is information on how to proceed.
- Selling gnomes comes in handy when the power and water get shut off. Put them suckers in your inventory.
- You can beg the Grim Reaper to spare a dead sims life ( no fiddle battle required)
- I don't know who's needs go down faster, a baby or a hamster Watch them both diligently.
Below is a list of Hotkeys from Simsvip.com
SimsVip. “The Sims 4: Cheats, Hot Keys & Controls (List).” Sims Vip, 4 Aug. 2014, simsvip.com/2014/08/04/the-sims-4-cheats-hot-keys-controls-list/.